Sunday, August 16, 2009

The stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake
and miss you. Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere,
cause I'll doze off safe and soundly, but I'll miss
your arms around me. I'll send a postcard to you
dear, cause I wish you were here. I watch the
night turn light blue, but it's not the same without
you, because it takes two to whisper quietly.
I'll find repose in new ways, though I haven't
slept in two days, i'll sit on the front porch all
night, waist deep in thought because when I think
of you; I don't feel so alone. When violet eyes get
brighter, and heavy wings grow lighter, i'll taste
the sky and feel alive again, and I'll forget the world
that I knew, but I swear I won't forget you.
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past,
i'd whisper in your ear, oh darling I wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment